March 12, 2020 | Two school beautification work days were held this week. In the Interim between the work days, the hedges were severely trimmed by the school grounds crew. Just had to say, Friends did NOT trim the hedges. Here is what was accomplished:
- Day 1: The dead tree next to the principal parking space was cut down and removed.
- Day 1: The hedges to the right of the flag pole were cleaned free of vines and debris.
- Day 1: All the leaves in front of the school were bagged and trashed.
- Day 2: The 8 poles in the hedges were expertly removed by volunteer, Roger Mann.
- Day 2: While there with his small tractor, Roger also removed an invasive plant in the hedges to the left of the flagpole. Friends will plant two new plants in the gap.
- Day 2: We again cleaned out debris under the hedges to the right of the flagpole. It was easier this time as was only freshly fallen trimmings.
- Day 2: The Little Free Library was moved to a safer location. When the traffic fatality on Old Kings Road came close to the Little Free Library, the principal said she’d like it moved away from the higher-speed traffic. Now the Little Free Library is near the walk-up dismissal area.
We hope to spread mulch on our next school beautification work day! To be notified of the date, sign up for email alerts.